Friday, March 11, 2011

Flying with Sarai and Rachel

It has been a long time since I've made a post. There are many past events to write about.

This one is about the day we tried to visit Leah for breakfast. On January 7th, we were all excited when we arrived at the Bedford airport, but our plans needed to change due to fog and risk of icing on the wings. Thankfully, Abram is a cautious pilot and will not fly into risky weather. In the end we took the girls up and flew around Worcester.

Here's Rachel sitting in the back row of seats on the plane.

Sarai came with us, but didn't want her picture taken.
We found our house and took a picture from the plane!  We are flying at 4000 feet at this point. 

Here's the dam on the Wachusett Reservoir.  Abram and I bike by this often on our bike rides.

When I looked through the photos I took, I realized that I also took a picture of Rachel's school.  It is hard to believe that I will be done with elementary schools in 3 months.  Shrewsbury elementary schools only go through 4th grade.  She will be in middle school next year!

The winter scenery is very bleak.  This was the only bit of color I saw from the plane.  A water tower next to a Lowe's.

While Abram and I tied up the plane, Rachel climbed into the pilot's seat and pretended to fly!

Someone was taking helicopter lessons when we landed. 

Here is the plane I want!  I has 6 seats and it's orange.  What more can you ask for?  Ha ha, we don't know who it belongs to, but it isn't a plane you can rent.  Someone must have been storing it at Bedford while there was too much snow at their normal airport.  It was there in January, but is gone now that the snow has melted and it is March.
Flying offers opportunities to go places, but you must always be flexible and cautious due to the weather.

1 comment: