Saturday, October 23, 2010

Seals, Sailing and Soccer

On the weekend of October 2nd and 3rd, Rachel had an opportunity to travel to the Cape and stay with a friend and her family.  They own a boat which they took from Dennis Port up the coast.  Rachel was excited about this since she had so much fun boating with the Stewichs' in August.  Here are Rachel her friend Kirsten, plus Jackie and her friend.


They saw seals several feet from the boat in the evening.  Here are two pictures that Rachel captured. 


Two more seals.


Carmen had a soccer game that Saturday and scored her first goal of the season! 


Once she made the goal I noticed that she made almost 5 more attempts on goal.  No more went in, but this boosted her confidence at playing forward.  In previous years she has primarily played defense, so trying to score on the opponent's goal is a different experience for her.


I believe that Abram and I went hiking in Northboro on Sunday.  (I don't have a picture of us.) Years ago we bought a book on hiking with children in Massachusetts.  We learned then that there are at least 20 miles of trails in Northboro.  The trails are less than 10 minutes from out house.  The trails are peaceful, meandering and relatively level, allowing for fast paces.  As much as I like hiking up Mt. Wachusetts, it is over a 30 minute drive from our house.  When we have only a couple of hours of free time Wachusett Mountain is not a good choice.  While Abram's elbow heals we cannot ride our bikes together.  Hiking has replaced biking. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leigh,
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blog posts about Dennis Port to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you :)
    Jane

    ReplyDelete